Learn about the parts and features of the Omnigrid® rotary cutters and why they’re so important for all of your fabric cutting needs. This tutorial also includes tips for using Omnigrid® rotary cutters – learn how to position it when cutting, how many fabric layers to cut, and more.
28mm Rotary Cutter Item #: 2045
The 28mm Omnigrid® rotary cutter is used for cutting materials for quilting, sewing, DIY home decorating and crafting projects – it will cut fabric, paper, leather, vinyl, mat board and foam core in any direction.
- This rotary cutter has a heavy-duty setting and tungsten steel blades
- For best results, use with the Omnigrid® 28mm rotary blades; most other 28mm blades will also work with this cutter
- The Omnigrid® rotary cutter has the following standard Omnigrid® features:
- Soft-cushion handle reduces wrist strain and cutting fatigue
- Finger ridges provide firm grip and reduce slipping
- It’s pressure-sensitive: blade cover lifts when pressure is applied for cutting
- Convenient: no opening and closing of blade between cuts
- There is no button to engage or release blade
- Safety lock for safe storage
- Left- and right-hand use without changing the blade
- Light- and heavy-duty settings
- Easy-to-change blade of the highest quality and maximum sharpness
Dritz® Quick Tip
Do not to use the same blades for paper and fabric interchangeably – paper will dull your rotary cutting blade and make subsequent fabric cuts less precise.
The rotary cutter’s blade is protected by a safety guard. The safety guard slides back when pressure is applied, exposing the blade to cut through the materials. Once you lift the cutter from the surface, the guard slides back into place, covering the blade and providing protection.
The Omnigrid® rotary cutter features a simple, easy-to-change blade replacement system. The molded parts only fit together one way, making it impossible to re-assemble incorrectly.
Always use a rotary cutting mat to protect not only your surface, but your blade
WARNING: Blade guard will expose blade if cutter is dropped.
CAUTION! Blade is extremely sharp.